Sep 29, 2010

Helmet Chic

It's fashion week in Milan this week, and well I was struck by a few images I came across.



Images via A Cup of Jo

Only Italian women (and maybe French women) could make a helmet look tres chic. Never in a million years would I look this fashionable in protective gear. Milan must be the city with the most motorbikes per capita so I guess it's just part of the culture to make a statement with your helmet.


Image via The Sartorialist

Um, hello. A bright yellow skirt and a helmet to match. Do you think they buy helmets like accessories to match outfits? And driving in wedge heels to boot.

Image via The Sartorialist

More lovely yellow in New York.


Unfortunately, I think I will be channeling more from Harry and Lloyd than their Italian counterparts. "I get 70 miles per gallon on this hog"

No comments: