Nov 12, 2010

Love Letters

I just returned from an unexpected trip to Louisiana. 
I am reminded that every single day counts and to never forget to say "I love you" 
(something I'm only writing down because I myself could do much better, 
especially living so far away).
Even the smallest of gestures can mean so much. 

I have always been inspired by the love in my family... marriages lasting 30, 40, 50, even 60 plus years. So with my own pending nuptials on the horizon I can't help but be inspired 
by the creative and timeless ways in which my grandfather shared his love with my 
grandmother while he was in the navy and courting her from a distance. 
There is something very special about a hand written note, be it a thank you or just a hello. 

We made some copies of the artwork from his love letter envelopes 
and I thought I would share. These date back to 1944.















I love that I have a copy of these now.
I almost always ask to see them when I visit.
To me, these just keep on saying "I love you."
They have so much personality and thought behind them.

 The love letters worked.

 And keep on working :)
I'm in the process of collecting wedding day pictures from family members
and I must say, it is really fun and special.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great job, Julie!

Anonymous said...

Julie it was just wonderful and a beautiful expression from the heart. Love it so much-Love lots to you and Neil-Mom and Dad