Mar 19, 2011

Borough Market ~ London

A few weekends ago we had our first visit to Borough Market in London on the South Bank.
It's a bustling and vibrant market with food vendors, artisan cheeses, fresh fish, and produce.
It's just beside the Southwark Cathedral, 
and their grounds seem to convert into picnic areas when the market is open.
It's a great place to grab a great burger and a pint of cider and people watch. 
I highly recommend a visit if you haven't been. 
Meringue
Rhubarb
Squid
Stinky cheese
I also recommend going during the day on a week day when it's not as crowded.
Saturday afternoons are not for the faint of heart.
I was back in London last weekend and paid a second visit to Borough Market.
It's really great fun.
Oh and we finally had a pseudo spring day.
Blueish skies and some trees blooming...
St. James's Park

North Bank River Walk
 We happened upon a little changing of the guards.
And had a jazz serenade on Millennium Bridge.
I'm looking forward to warmer weather and jacket-less pictures.
I feel like I've been in the same coat all winter since I only brought a few over with me.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: